Data protection information for applicants
Thank you for your interest in a position at Fels and your visit to our careers page. In this data protection notice, we explain which information (including personal data) is processed in connection with an application at Fels in compliance with the applicable law.
Any reference to "we", "us" or "Fels" in this data protection information refers to Fels-Werke GmbH and Fels Vertriebs und Service GmbH& Co. KG.
Detailed information on Fels (including information on how to contact us) can be found here.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and observe the applicable data protection regulations, i.e. we only process your personal data if permitted by law or if you have given your consent.
The present data protection information refers exclusively to the processing of personal data transmitted to Fels in connection with an application. In the following, we explain what information we process when processing your application sent to us.
2. Who is responsible for data prosessing?
The controller responsible for the processing of personal data is Fels-Werke GmbH, Geheimrat-Ebert-Str. 12, 38640 Goslar, Tel.: + 49 5321-703-0, Fax: +49 5321-703-321, Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Insofar as "we" or "us" are mentioned in this data protection information, this refers in each case to the aforementioned company.
Our data protection officer can be contacted via the above-mentioned contact channels and at email@example.com or by telephone on +49 170 4587328.
3. Processing of application data
Further processing of application data
If you have submitted an application to us, we will process the information and documents submitted with your application to process your application. In particular, we will make your application data available to the employees of our HR department who are responsible for processing it.
If necessary, we will invite you to take part in an online assessment. The test results determined in this way are used for the purpose of a further assessment of your person. These are stored by us for 12 months and then deleted in accordance with data protection regulations.
Necessity of application data
The provision of your personal data is necessary for the implementation of the application process. You are not legally or contractually obliged to provide personal data for application purposes. Please note, however, that if you do not provide us with the required information marked as such, we will not be able to process your application.
4. Purpose of and legal basis for data processing
The processing of your application data by us or one of the above-mentioned Fels companies takes place for the purpose of application initiation (including job announcement), the application process or, if applicable, the employment relationship resulting from an application process on the basis of Article 6 (1) a), b) or f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("EU GDPR") or a corresponding provision in the applicable law of a member state of the European Union. Before recruitment, this includes comparing personal data (name, date of birth, place of birth, nationality) of those applicants we are considering hiring with entries on sanction lists such as the EU terror list in particular in the sense of the EU anti-terror regulations. This serves both to enter into an employment contract with these applicants and to fulfil a legal obligation to which the Fels Group is subject (Article 6 Paragraph 1 c) EU GDPR or a corresponding provision in the applicable law of a member state of the European Union), since statutory provisions prohibit the provision of financial benefits, including the payment of wages, to persons who are on corresponding sanction lists. If we process your personal data on the basis of Article 6, paragraph 1 f) of the EU GDPR, this is based on the legitimate interest of the Fels Group in an efficient group-wide application process.
5. Disclosure of personal data
We will disclose your application and profile data to the following recipients or categories of recipients:
- The service providers employed by us within and, if applicable, also outside the EU/EEA, who provide services for us on a separate contractual basis, which may also include the processing of personal data, as well as the subcontractors of our service providers engaged with our consent.
- Those public or non-public entities to whom we are required to disclose personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
6. Storage period for personal data
Your personal data will be stored / deleted and hard copies will be destroyed in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations according to the following provisions:
- Your application data will be stored until the final decision on filling this position plus a maximum of six months from notification of this decision to you.
- After the expiry of the aforementioned periods, the data you provide will be made anonymous and the documents you send will be deleted; after this point in time, we will only process non-personal data for statistical evaluation purposes.
- Something else only applies if an employment relationship is established on the basis of your application or if a statutory regulation permits further storage of your data in exceptional cases; in this case your application data will also be processed or stored in accordance with the statutory regulations for longer periods and, insofar as a statutory regulation permits, processed and used.
7. Your rights regarding the processing of personal data
According to applicable data protection law – in particular the GDPR or comparable provisions in the applicable law of an EU member state – you have certain rights in connection with the processing of your personal data:
- You can request information about the personal data stored about your person.
- You may request the correction of inaccurate personal data
- You can request the deletion or the restriction of the processing of your personal data or object to the processing of your personal data which are processed on the basis of a legitimate interest of the Fels Group (of Art. 6 section 1 f) EU-GDPR) and
- You may request to receive your personal data in a structured, current and machine-readable format.
If you have given us your consent, you also have the right to revoke this consent with effect for the future.
The aforementioned rights may be asserted against us, e.g. by providing notice to us by one of the contact options specified at the bottom of this Data Protection Information.
In addition, you have the option to lodge a complaint regarding the handling of your personal data with the competent supervisory authority.
9. Updates, questions and contact
We check this data protection information regularly and will adapt it if necessary. We will inform you about significant changes to this data protection information on the Fels career page.
If you have any questions regarding this data protection information or the handling of your personal data, you can contact us at any time in the following ways
via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org