Data protection information of Fels-Werke GmbH
We are pleased about your visit on this Website. We are committed to protect your personal data and comply with applicable data protection law, in particular the EU General Data Protection Directive ("GDPR") and Bundesdatenschutzgesetz ("BDSG").
In this data protection information we explain which information (including personal data) is processed by us during your visit and your use of our aforementioned digital offer ("Website").
1. Who is responsible for data processing?
Data protection officer responsible for the processing of personal data is Fels-Werke GmbH, Geheimrat-Ebert-Str. 12, 38640 Goslar, Tel.: 05321-703-0, Fax: 05321-703-321, Mail: email@example.com. Any reference to "we" or "us" in this data protection information is a reference to the aforementioned entity.
Our data protection officer may be contacted via the aforementioned means or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Which principles do we observe?
In compliance with data protection regulations, we will only process your personal data if permitted by law or if you have given your consent. This also applies to the processing of personal data for advertising and marketing purposes.
On this website, we may collect information that does not in itself allow us to draw any direct conclusions about you. In certain cases - especially when combined with other data - this information can nevertheless be considered "personal data" in the sense of data protection law. We may also collect information on this website that does not allow us to identify you, directly or indirectly, for example, aggregated information about all users of this website.
Which data do we process?
You can access our website without directly entering personal data (such as your name, your postal address or your e-mail address). In this case, too, we must collect and store certain information to enable you to access our website.
- Log files: When you visit this website, our web server automatically stores the domain name or IP address of the requesting computer (usually your Internet access provider) including the date, time and duration of your visit, the subpages/URLs you visit and information about the application(s) and terminal(s) you use to view our pages. These data are not combined with other data sources.
- Google Maps: This page uses the map service Google Maps via an API. The provider is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. To use the functions of Google Maps it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transmission. The use of Google Maps is in the interest of an appealing representation of our online offers and at an easy findability of the places indicated by us on the website. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. You can find more information on the handling of user data in Google's data protection declaration: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
- SSL or TLS encryption: This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or requests that you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line. If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Information and advice
We offer you a variety of information and advice via our contact options. Depending on the possibilities you request, we process different personal data:
If you contact us via one of the channels indicated on our website, we will process any personal data contained in your message and provided by you in order to process and respond to your request.
2. Information leaflets
If you have asked us to send you information material, we will process the data you provide in the contact form, at least your surname and first name, as well as the details of the contact channel you have chosen (post and/or e-mail) for the one-off dispatch of the material you have requested.
3. Advice by telephone
If you have requested a telephone consultation, we will process the data you provide in the contact form, at least your surname and first name as well as your telephone number in order to provide the desired telephone consultation.
4. Personal Advice
If you have requested a personal consultation, we will process the data you provide in the contact form, at least your surname and first name as well as your telephone number and/or e-mail address, in order to contact you to arrange a personal consultation appointment.
5. Public relations
We would like to inform you about our products, services, offers and promotions.
For this purpose, we process the necessary data provided by you in the contact form, at least your surname and first name and the details of the contact channel (e-mail and telephone) provided by you.
3. For what purposes and on what legal bases do we process your data?
- Any personal data contained in the log files is processed in order to enable you to use our website; this is done on the basis of § 15 Paragraph 1 TMG.
- We may also use them in connection with your use of our website to fulfil legal obligations to which we are subject; this is done on the basis of Article 6
paragraph 1 c) GDPR.
- If necessary, we process your data beyond the above-mentioned purposes also to protect our legitimate interests or the interests of third parties; this is done on the basis of Article 6 paragraph 1 f) GDPR. If your request relates to the conclusion of a contract or pre-contractual measures, we process your personal data on the basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 b) GDPR. Our legitimate interests include
a) the assertion of legal claims and defence in legal disputes;
b) the prevention and investigation of criminal offences;
c) the management and further development of our business activities, including risk management.
4. Am I obliged to provide data?
The information required for the registration for our newsletter, the execution of online orders or the registration as user or the creation of a customer account are marked as mandatory information in the corresponding area of the website (e.g. an online form); without the provision of mandatory information, we cannot enable you to use the respective functionality.
If we also collect personal data from you, we will inform you during the collection whether the provision of this information is required by law or contract or is necessary for the conclusion of a contract. As a rule, we identify information that is provided voluntarily and is not based on any of the aforementioned obligations or is not required for the conclusion of a contract.
5. Who receives my data?
Your personal data will be processed within our company. Depending on the type of personal data, only certain departments / organizational units have access to your personal data. This includes in particular the specialist departments involved in the provision of our digital services (e.g. websites) and our IT department. A role and authorization concept limits access within our company to those functions and to the extent necessary for the respective purpose of processing.
We may also transfer your personal data to third parties outside our company to the extent permitted by law. These external recipients may include in particular
- affiliated companies within the CRH Group to which we transmit personal data for internal administrative purposes;
- the service providers employed by us who provide services for us on a separate contractual basis, which may also include the processing of personal data, as well as the subcontractors of our service providers engaged with our consent;
- non-public and public authorities, insofar as we are obliged to transfer your personal data due to legal obligations.
6. Inquiries regarding your personal data
You can always contact us to find out what information we store about you or to request a copy. If you ask us to delete your personal data, you should inform us. If you believe that our information is incorrect or incomplete, we will gladly correct it. If you would like to request any of the above or have a question about the use of your personal information, please contact email@example.com.
7. Is automated decision making used?
In connection with the operation of our website, we do not use automated decision making (including profiling) within the meaning of Art. 22 GDPR. If we use such procedures in individual cases, we will inform you separately to the extent provided by law.
8. Are data transmitted to countries outside the EU/EEA?
Your personal data will generally be processed within the EU or the European Economic Area.
9. How long will my data be stored?
We store your personal data as long as we have a legitimate interest in this storage and your interests in the discontinuation of storage do not outweigh.
Even without a legitimate interest, we may continue to store the data if we are legally obliged to do so (e.g. to fulfil storage obligations). We also delete your personal data without your intervention as soon as their knowledge is no longer necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing or storage is otherwise legally inadmissible.
As far as the aforementioned processing is concerned, we regularly
- delete the log data within seven days, if if further storage is not required for purposes provided for by law, such as the detection of misuse and the detection and rectification of technical faults;
- delete the data processed in the context of an online order after the expiration of statutory retention periods; and
- delete the data processed in the context of a registration as user or a customer account after termination of registration or the deletion oft he customer account
The personal data that we have to store in order to fulfil our storage obligations will be stored until the end of the respective storage obligation. As far as we store personal data exclusively for the fulfilment of storage obligations, these are usually blocked, so that they can only be accessed if this is necessary with regard to the purpose of the storage obligation.
10. What are my rights as a data subject?
As a data subject, you may
- request access to your personal data, Article 15 GDPR;
- request the rectification of incorrect personal data, Article 16 GDPR;
- request the erasure of your personal data, Article 17 GDPR;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, Article 18 GDPR;
- exercise your right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR;
- object the processing of your personal data, Article 21 GDPR.
The aforementioned rights may be asserted against us, e.g. by providing notice to us via the contact details specified on the first page of this data protection information.
In case of further questions, you may also get in touch with our data protection officer.
In addition, you are entitled to lodge a complaint regarding the handling of your personal data with the competent supervisory authority, Article 77 GDPR.